Friday, August 08, 2008

ball workouts

This one above is me and my sis's fav! We do this one almost everyday. It works the calves, hams, quads, abs and bum. What you do is start with the first pic, then roll your legs into your bum. The ball rolls with you and you squeeze your butt and calves. Then roll back out to starting postition. Keep your butt off the floor the whole time! To make it harder, lift one leg.








This one is the "tick tock" Works your inner thighs, abs and outer thighs. Move the ball from side to side with control.






This one is way harder than it looks. Works the inner and outer thigh and obliques. Do 3 sets of 10 or 15.



This next one is the ball pass. I do a different variation of it, what I do is look at the last pic. I have the ball between my legs. then I have two 5 lbs weights in each hand. As I lift my legs up, I lift my arms up from the sides. The weights touch at the top. This one looks fun, I should try it! I'm sore after this one almost everytime.






The famous plank. I've been doing the planks on the floor, but on the ball is way harder! The sound of a 30-40 hold in this pose sounds simple until you do it! I do 3 sets of 30-40 sec holds.




Thank you for joining me on "On the Ball with Carebear" We will be back after this short commercial break! LOL

7 comments:

Dianna said...

WOW!! Ambitious lady[ies] you are. Keep it up!
P.S I'm due in a month! I'm having a countdown!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I'm gonna have to come back to this post some time when I get settled and dig my ball out of the boxes. I want so bad to be in shape and to be healthy.

Trail Rider said...

can't wait to see you and hang out!

Dianna, The last month is the shortest/longest month in your life. Isn't that the truth heh? I rememeber the last month being that way

Nin said...

Super cool. I was going to try the ticktock one yesterday, but I didn't. That looks like one I'd like.
I don't remember much of my last month with Daniel, I slept my days away, and whatever was left I blocked out.

Jenny said...

I'm starting again on Monday....will do these workouts this week for sure!
Big hugs!

Unknown said...

Oooooo!!! Those are definately not one the poster that comes along with the ball, I'll give them a try, just for you.

I'll be looking for streches so that the waight program I'm doing keeps my pipes long instead of too bulky. Or isn't that why we should do them?

Lani - the flowerlady said...

okay, those look scary, my ball workout video is NOT that intense, not even close...