Monday, August 04, 2008

1000 blessings (51-55)

I have written a post on the blessings of family. That one was written BEFORE this one. But I feel led to share this one first. So the numbers will be a bit off....

51. I am encouraged. I have been keeping a journal of my workouts and run times and miles. I decided to add it all up today. Since March 12 of this year, I have ran 63 KM and a total of 7 hours! WOW....That just encourages me. A marathon is classified as 26.2 miles (which is 42.1 KM. I have ran more than a marathon! (not all at once....but I DON'T CARE!) plus, I know that I haven't written down EVERY run, so I'm sure there's more KM's than that!

52. I am following the Lord's lead in just laying down my hopes and dreams more. I am able to enjoy the summer without getting as ansy about things not getting done.


53. Our baby duck is in the forestry farm zoo barn and is doing well.

54. We are going to the paddling pool today!!!

55. "All I ever have to be is what You've made me any more or less would be a step out of your plan, as you daily recreate me, help me always keep in mind, that I only have to do what I can find".......(Amy Grant's song that I've been soaking in lately)

7 comments:

Nin said...

GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have fun at the PP

Trail Rider said...

no, ya twit, we went to the pool together that other day. This post was written on the day we went. when was that? on thursday?

Nin said...

Then why does the date at the top say Monday August 4th, which is TODAY, and the comment says "we're going to the PP TODAY.... ya twit.
Anyways, I'm calling you now re: parade.

Unknown said...

Love, love, love #52!! Look out, end of summer it will all be done!

I was soaking in your comment on your last post, WOW, Carebaaer! That is one great, full, real, peace of writing.

I have been keeping up 30 min. of running and whaights on alternat days and am astounded at the many results. Got the book 'Body for Life" and am almost done with it. Learned a lot...and have never once been boared as it was my main hang-up.

Trail Rider said...

super cool! I'd like to say that I've done body for life (the challenge) I attempted it. But I did learn a whole lot about nutrition and how your body deals with exersise. good for you for your routine! So you have some weights at home? Do you use the stability ball too?

How far do you run? How long does it take? I'm a pretty slow runner. 3.5km takes me 25 minutes. I've heard of people running 5 k in 15 minutes! but whatever about other people heh? I'm doing my best and that's all i can do. I'd really like to up my running to 1 hour. I wouldn't know how far I'd cover in 1 hour. I'm guessing 8 k-ish??

I've been using my parents treadmill to help increase my endurance and strength, using the hill incline and punching buttons to run sprints. In my runs I only sprint once at the end. for 200 meters, I run hard then the last 100 meters, I kill it. It feels like my legs are going to explode off!

Tell me of your workouts

Trail Rider said...

hey, sorry nin...you're right, i did change the day at the bottom of the post and then after realized that I said TODAY....oops....

the parade was super fun! A TAXI!!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!

Beth said...

Hi, there! I came across this post while looking for something else. But since I don't believe in coincidences, I thought I'd write a quick note. I am a Christian too and believe that "we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

I would love to introduce you to cutting edge technology that is being used by top athletes to improve "their game". If Emmitt Smith formerly of the Dallas Cowboys loves these products, imagine what they can do for you. If you would like more information drop me an email at: beth@larryandbeth.com

God bless you & your lovely family,
Beth Pittman