Tuesday, September 28, 2010

the cry of every girl's heart

Deep down inside, there is a longing in each of us. This song touches some of what's in my heart.
I know that Rihanna is a wounded soul and with everything that I've learned in the last couple of years, I can see through the wound, hear her cry, and know pieces of where the answer lies.
Nonetheless, I can relate to her longing. I can stand beside her deep cry, cause I have the same one.

Want you to make me feel like I’m the only girl in the world
Like I’m the only one that you’ll ever love
Like I’m the only one who knows your heart
Only girl in the world…
Like I’m the only one that’s in command
Cuz I’m the only one who understands, like I’m the only one who knows your heart, only one....

I guess it comes back to those 3 words again. Cherished, Chosen and Treasured.

Of course, the rest of the song is twisted with wounds and a poor sense of who she really is as a woman. She is giving herself like a piece of pie, and at the same time, asks to be treated like the only girl in the world, which doesn't really work that well when she's feeding the wrong part of a man. One of the biggest revelations in both Joe and I is that a woman cannot make a man feel like a man. She is a woman. And if a man has his identity in his sexuality and not in God, he will turn to a woman to fill that. so around and around they go filling each other in a way that can never be satisfied, and actually, they are using each other for selfish reasons.

I'm on a quest to find God's true purpose for a man and wife coming together. without all the mumbo jumbo, without the wounds, from a pure, true place. I can sure identify with the longings that I believe God originally put in us. The question is what do we do with those longings, how do we enjoy the fruit of marriage, and yet be filled and satisfied with God's love in the deepest parts of us?

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Points to ponder. Deep thoughts for a tuesday morning. I like it!!!!!!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I was at a conference this weekend that I think you would have loved. It was about experiencing the Father's heart of God and his love for us.

Jason's Space.. A final frontier! said...

I followed Rhianna's life through the news and all the good and bad she's been through. Even saw her and Kanye in concert. Stardom and money has defiantly molded her into what she is now and I think she's be ALOT different if she was "ordinary". Of course if God was in her life she's have alot more focus, and make better decisions based on faith and real christian morals. :)

I agree with you tho. A woman can't make a man feel like a man.
At least not in general. But it's that partnership in marriage that makes the individuals into who'll they'll be. :)