Monday, March 31, 2008

Balance


I've been having a really hard time balancing my life lately. I've always sucked at it, actually....

The 4 parts that make us human:

Mental
Spiritual

Physical

Emotional

Lately, I'm spending alot of time working out and reading information on running and exercise. Which is feeding my mental and physical.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I was all in the Bible. I wouldn't read anything else! When now, I'm feeling starved AGAIN for some spiritual food.....

In the fall, for the months of September, October and November, I was HARD CORE into homeschooling. We still do stuff, but not like the fall. That's ALL I DID! Was school my kids, which isn't healthy either!

It's always all or nothing with me. I hate that! Last night I had the most amazing run! But my house is such a mess, I don't know where to start! My kids need me to revamp the homeschool schedule and give the last few months of school a good punch....

God help me......I need your balance. You have given me all these things in my life to manage and steward. Help me......

7 comments:

joni said...

are you my twin? ha...i hear yah sistah...its crazy balancing/juggling lives.. eesh.

but blessings on you as you find it. And Gods peace be with you during the finding... smile.

Jenny said...

I suck at balancing. I either outshine on one aspect and then everything else is forgotten. I'm still looking for the happy medium!

Nelda said...

Ya? I love that word, it's not the same as prioritizing and putting our whole heart into our number 1 task, is it? There seams to be a time for everything under heaven.

Do you think God's love and justness are perfectly balanced? I know He hates an uneven scale, but it is so interesting to through all kinds of stuff onto it.

Sorry for rambling on so, I've been thinking for a long time of writing a blog on it. How things in access turn sour.

Janet said...

The last issue Today's Parent had an interesting article on balance that really helped me. Helped me to see that balance is something that will never be acheived in the way we would like it. It can mean being okay with what takes priority now and knowing that will change when time and life allows it. I'm sure the article said it better than I can.

I enjoy reading your blog and like to see how open you are. That challenges me!

Nin said...

so hear you, am so with you.
am thinking it would produce a laugh attack if we tried balancing on one of those things.

Trail Rider said...

janet, i can't get to your blog. can you give me the link?

cipederson said...

I actually had to start a new blog but I wanted to thank you for encouraging me so much, you can check mine out occasionally.