Friday, March 07, 2008

A condensed update of where I'm at

I just wanted to share a couple of super awesome things that God has done! I know that I am sharing my whole story of my walk with food in parts, but I wanted to just share how good God is. So the reader's digest version of where I'm at:

The last time I threw up my food was February 5th! (Caleb's birthday, I believe God had me "snap" on THAT day to make Caleb a part of the victory)
That is one month and 2 days ago!!! I have never in these 18 years, gone that long before!

I fit a new pair of jeans this morning......but this is the difference:
It's real! God has changed me, The pounds I'm losing now are not fake, they are not counterfeit! It's the real meal deal! The real fruit!!! Something I've been crying out for years! FRUIT THAT LASTS!

Whatever about the weight. I'm happy that I'm getting healthy, taking care of myself, for real, with no lies, no excuses.....

This is my update, tomorrow, I am posting part 4 of my bulimia story

And Just wanted to say thanks to all that are taking the time to read my story, to hear my struggles and are walking with me through this! I really appreciate you! ALL OF YOU! THANK YOU for being there.....blessings

11 comments:

Nin said...

I didn't know the last day was Calebs bday!!! How special is that!
I know it's not about the weight, but good job on the new jeans! We should go shopping! lol. But you could say anything and I'd be like, we should go shopping.

Monica said...

I appreciate you sharing your journey with us all. It must take a lot of courage. Thank you for sharing what God is doing in your life.

Tanya said...

I'm seeing alot of myself in your story...I'm looking forward to reading part 4!!

God is good!!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! A congratulation is in order!! We must learn to celebrate all the things that go right in a day, instead of focusing on what goes wrong. I just knew this day would come and am overjoyed with you to hear of the progress! You simply must find a way to mark this special accomplishment! Celebrate!! Rejoice!! Praise!! For the Lord is in the house!! Nel

Trev and Rebekah said...

That is awesome. I am so proud of you. Keep going and winning this victory over the footholds the enemy had over you.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

congratulations! yeah, and how special that you can share the victory with Caleb, knowing too from that that he is cheering you on. After I had the kids, my body of course was not quite the same. I carry around a lot more flabby tummy than before and I thought my pre-baby tummy was flabby! I consoled myself to my "new and improved" body with memories of cuddling with my mom. One thing I loved was how soft, comforting and cushiony she was. If I was all skin and bones, cuddling would not be near as comfortable. They love my softness. Their opinions of my body are of WAY more value than what any pop culture image says. It's fake, false, virtually unattainable and even damaging. (not saying that losing weight is bad- be healthy, but the "image" is not where it's at).

Trail Rider said...

i hope that I'm not coming across as one that is going after "an image"

I hope and pray that my heart continues on the path of health and wellness and that means being at an ideal, healthy body weight and my muscles and core and strong and toned. I know it's part of God's plan for my life, to be the best I can be!

Anonymous said...

Hay, nice new look!! Nel

Pamela said...

Thank you for your transparency. The world would be a different place if we could all be a little more honest with ourselves and with each other. I praise God for your triumphs and pray that he continues to bless you on your journey.

Anonymous said...

Um...I mean on your blog. Ever sweeter! Nel

Nin said...

holy beautiful blogness Batman!!!!