Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cry it out

One of my mentors was here this morning. She's taking me through a book called, "every woman's battle' It's a book on guarding you heart, taking your thoughts captive and keeping your heart only for your love for Jesus. She reads aloud to me a chapter a week and then we pray and talk about what God is saying to us.

This chapter was about keeping your heart safe from potential harmful and sinful relationships. And about the sequence in which you can enter into them. Red, yellow and green lights. The five stages of a relationship: Attention Attraction affection Emotional arousal and attachement emotional affairs and addiction

This book is focused on mostly keeping your guard against someone of the opposite sex, but following what Jesus says that ANYTHING can become a source for you, when you are avoiding pain.


There are people that use the emotional and physical affairs to numb and treat pain that's inside. We are all just looking for love. My eyes were opened that I am still very much running to things to ease my pain. Not a person, but shopping, food, and exersice. But more than that, God revealed to me that instead of getting the hammer out and beating myself brutally and repeatitivly for sinning, I really need to deal with the hurt and pain in my heart. I am stuffing it in fear of how much it will hurt coming out. And also, I have numbed myself so long, that I'm having a hard time even getting IN TOUCH with that pain....

Caleb.....A very big hurt in my heart still. Some of you would be thinking, "holy, it's been like a year and a half! get over it!" well, whatever, if you're saying that. It's still a huge hurt and throbs if I can get deep enough to feel it.
God, allow me to cry, hurt, grieve. Allow me to pour out to you. take it, heal it.........be with me......

7 comments:

Nin said...

Oh my goodness, if there's anyone who even THINKS that you should "get over it already" point me to them and this little sister will have a word with them.
Really tho, Caleb's your flesh and blood, your first born son, Caleb completely changed your life the moment he was conceived, and changed everyone's life who knew him the day he came into this world.
I still think about my baby, almost everyday. God created us this way. These lyrics are coming to mind:

Who, who's touched you child?
Now you can't feel a thing,
not anything
Who's been the one telling you lies?
Now you'll believe anything

OH YOU GOTTA LET,
LET IT ALL COME OUT
LET IT ALL COME OUT
RIGHT NOW
RIGHT NOW

How, how many fires,
to make you feel pure again,
alive again?
And what will it take,
what has to break, for you to begin again?
What will it take?

Lift yourself out of it all
Come out from the shadows to the sun
Oh you gotta lift yourself out of it all
Yesterday's over, a new day's begun
You're only sick as all your secrets
Let them all come out, let them come
This devil came to steal your name away
This devil came to give your name away

OH LET, LET IT ALL COME OUT
LET, LET IT ALL COME OUT
LET, LET IT ALL COME OUT
RIGHT NOW
RIGHT NOW

~newsboys~
(if you don't have this song, tell me and I'll send it to you, it's very powerful)

I love you so much.

Joy said...

Wow, that is one amazing book....and I am glad you have someone so spiritually wise to walk it with.....as far as Caleb, my dear, I think that when the time is right, and your heart isn't so hardened, God will reveil to you what you need.....and because God is so much bigger and wiser than us....feww for that.....he and he alone will open your heart, and when he does....boy, stand back cause the earth will rock....

I love you soooooo much, the right kinda of love......Caleb was a blessing.....to me :) and so are you......take the time God ain't in no hurry....

Joy said...

it's me Ranya lol forgot to mention that lol

Anonymous said...

Grief is a journey, not a destination. Take the time you need, and walk with God beside you.

Morgan

Anonymous said...

Memories of Caleb are so sweet to you, and someday you will go to join him up there. God created us with feelings of grieving, maybe they will never heal till we reach heavens gates ourselves. As Christ is wiping our earthly tears, and he says there will be no more crying here, you see your little Caleb running up to you. Our times of grieving will makes us long for heaven even more, and there will be the times of dancing in heaven. Love ya, Colleen and I was almost not going to say nothing.

andrew + camille said...

awwww..... you know... it seems like we all are running from our fears and true hurts.. i've been dealing with that today myself. But the more I run away from it, the more I realize how much it hurts.
i love you girl.... take all the time you need to talk about Caleb and think about him and cry.
:)

Unknown said...

I'll be right here praying for you.