Monday, April 07, 2008

Sick and tired of being sick and tired

For over a week now, I've been sick. My throat hurts so much! FOr most of the day, it's bearable, but then at night, I can't talk, yawn, swallow.....

I hate feeling like this. Out of routine, (not that I was really in a good one before) I'm not used to having no energy. I can't run or workout, because my body needs to rest right now. I forced myself to go out for a run last Tuesday, and I got worse.

The kids and I put our finishing touches on the new, revised schedule. (we tweek it about twice a year with changing babies, nap schedules and new commitments) Our Easter break went a whole week longer than I wanted...I think that after a very eventful and stressful week, my body just crashed.
They are excited about the new schedule, they love following the little squares!.... but I'm disappointed that I'm not feeling 100%. I love to kick off new things with that burst of energy and freshness....but we gotta do what we gotta do....no matter how sick i'm feeling.

I would like for our homeschool to be pretty much wrapped up at the end of May. Noah's language arts will probable go through June, but that's it.

All our new books and materials came in the mail a couple of weeks ago for next year! How exciting! If things keep following the curve, next year will be even better!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Go to the dr! I had similar sick feeling before Easter and because we planned to travel i went to the dr. .....turns out I had strep throat....and the antibiotics worked great.

It is so hard being a sick mom. Thinking of you, and I know how you feel!!! Take it easy on yourself!

Carol said...

Being sick is rough! It hit our household in February and EVERYONE got sick. No fun! I agree with Laurie about going to a doctor. Leighton had the throat symptoms, too, and he had strep throat (and the antibiotics worked right away). I hope you are able to rest. Take care!

Nin said...

You following your scedule, (even tho you may think you're not following it well enough yet) is so inspiring, convicting, encouraging.... What in me could possibly think I can't get my butt in gear in the morning when I see what you do? Nothing.

Haha, yet here I am, on the puter, at 9 am.

You'll be better soon :)

Nin said...

Oh yeah, and I agree with Laurie and Carol, you should go to the doctor. I know I know....it's such a waste of time, sitting there for who knows how long, with the possibility of hearing "yep, it's viral, nothing we can do".....but who knows, there's always that chance it could be something else (if you know what I mean....)

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better soon!
Love you