Thursday, November 20, 2008

Peace be still

I've spent most of my christian life having a WHOLE lot to say, and could have listened way more. Now that the fire is hot and my eyes have been opened to HOW MUCH I NEEEEED GOD, I realize how much I need to learn to be still.

My mind goes 24/7. And even in the last couple years, it even goes while I'm trying to sleep! If I wake from a deep sleep, my mind will start going and I'll toss and turn the rest of the night. I know this isn't God's desire. His word says that His burden and yoke are easy and light. He is a God of peace. He tells us to be anxious for nothing and with a thankful heart, lay down your cares and fears and He will fill you with peace that you cannot understand....

I want to learn to be quiet, to be still. I want to hear Him speak....clearly. I want to KNOW His voice, without doubt......I can't be physically still, I have 4 kids! I am always moving! But my spirit needs to learn this. To be still in the storm of marriage, kids and personal walking with God.

I trust that God will break me. It's amazing to me how fears and cares can just creep up on a person over the years. This is a need for control. Rooted in fear. God is totally breaking this in me. There's more and more freedom as I surrender to Him. Learning to trust Him with our very fragile hearts can be very hard.

In Song of Songs, He calls us, saying, Come to me, unveiled, so I can see your face!"
And the bride responds with, "Then please protect me from the foxes and wolves"

He will protect me.....May my life forever show a surrendered soul in the process of becoming like my Maker.

4 comments:

Dianna said...

Still checking here. Life is hectic and still in a bit of a turmoil but we will rise above and beyond it eventually. We're half ways there! Anyhow just want to let you know I do check by here and love you

At Home With The Seitz Family said...

Hi Sarah,
I haven't passed by your blog in a really long time and I just have to say I'm so thankful that I stumbled across it once again. Your writings are so uplifting, encouraging and just spiritually beautiful. The line of scripture that you included in this posting is so fitting for me today and it's going to help me today. 5 1/2mths ago I had a little baby boy and my husband left me the same time and now wants a divorce. I'm fighting against the wolves around me and realizing more and more everyday that I need to go before the Lord and allow him to do the work for me.
Keep writing it's powerful and touches so many people.
Thank you
Blessings,
Carissa

Carebear said...

Carissa, my heart hurts for you and with you. I have never known you to read my blog, do you have one, cause when I click on your name, I can't get to a blog.
Feel free to email me, jswald@shaw.ca

Thank you for encouraging me, and I too want to say that God is strong enough to carry us through the valley of the shadow of death. We don't have to fear evil, for He is with us. Every tear I've shed over the last 3 months, He's right there holding me, covering me.
Hope to hear from you Carissa!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I totally hear you. I am there too.