Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My opinion on the Mel Gibson rant

So apparently there was a tape released by his 39 year old new girlfriend of Mel ranting, swearing, calling her names etc.... Being the curious person that I am, I had to hear it for myself. I have to admit, I think that tape was disgusting....and I'm not disgusted with Mel. The media is slamming him, saying that his career is over and that he's a new level of crazy. Of course, Mel's had his share of life struggles. Addiction mostly. It's human nature to take sides, and it's dumb for me to even think I could see this relationship in it's fullness, but there's a big part of me that's really @#!*% off at HER!

She set him up! It's so obvious that she preplanned that whole recording. And of course, the person with the least amount of self control gets slammed. He's raging mad, because he's hurt. I was able to hear his heart's cry in all the swearing and yelling. He just wants to be loved, for him, not for his money. This Oksana chick is known for being a gold digger. She's done it twice before in two other marriages.

Of course, Mel is reaping what he is sowing. He tried for 29 years to make his marriage work. He wasn't perfect. I'm sure that Robyn (his ex) went through alot with all of Mel's issues. But he's just another man, with a big hole in his heart for unconditional love. And listening to those tapes, there wasn't a single BREATH of compassion/love/support from Oksana. She gives two @#!*% about him. The fact that she put all this on the web???? What kind of a woman does that to her man? Someone after money I'd say.

After going through a separation myself, I see things differently. If I would have heard that tape before Joe left, I would have been all against Mel.....not so now. He's wounded. He's going for healing in all the wrong places and I believe he knows this. I think he knows his mistakes. I think that he loved Robyn, very very much. I believe he wanted to be a good dad and husband, but he gave up hope on himself and felt guilty for all the crap he pulled on the ones he loved. I believe that he tried starting over, and she conned him into thinking that she really loved him, which in fact, the truth comes out now that she's in it for his money. He sees this and is very hurt.

With all that said.....there are always two sides to the story. I'm not saying that she's all at fault, and he's a victim or she's a victim......I'm just saying that it's easy to attack the raging one. And once you listen to that actual recording, you can hear the coldness in her voice. He even says to her "you have no soul...you have NO soul!!" At least he HAS feelings!
If you want to hear a clip of it, you can click here. WARNING....it's not for young ears. lots of swearing and insulting.....

2 comments:

Morgan said...

the video has been taken down so I couldn't see it. I'd be careful to judge her so quickly without knowing more. Just because she's dated older men before does not automatically make her a gold-digger. And she's claimed he's been physically and emotionally abusive. If that's true, she could sound so cold because she's emotionally shut down. And they have a financial agreement in place that she has no access to his money, it was set up before she had the baby so she can only apply for a small amount ( compared to without the agreement) of child support. I don't know what the truth of the matter is, but I'd be careful about pointing fingers. Especially when celebrities are involved it's so hard to know what really happened vs. how their PR people spin it.

Carebear said...

You can hear me taking a side here. But you are absolutly right. You can't judge this. it would be impossible to fully know the whole story. I already wrote another post as part two to this one.
But when things like this happen, i tend to take the time to reflect. Reflect on the things I have learned, and of course...BY MY OWN EXPERIENCE, just like everyone else will do the same with this.
I admit that inserting my opinion is just that....just my thoughts. They are BOTH to blame. Part of me sides with her too.....but you know my story better than anyone, and I know that you know one of the biggest things I learned was to hear the cry of the heart of the man....which seems to come naturally to me. :) Which I'm glad.
It really is silly, to even have a say in this. Honestly, if this were my life, i wouldn't want the whole world putting in their two cents about me......:P
but in the meantime, it's an interesting situation to talk about.
Again. Agreed with you completely. to point fingers doesn't make any sense, my heart just heard his cry, that's all.