Friday, July 23, 2010

My first tattoo


I never thought that the word Chosen would mean so much to me. Being that it's the very first word that I wanted on my body permanently says that it means a ton. I've been reading a book called "Captivating" that is exactly what my spirit and heart need in this time. There are 3 words in total that I will put on my body, Chosen being the first. The other two are "Cherished" and "Treasured"

To a woman, these are deep deep longings inside, that were put there by God himself. He created us to desire them. To be the beauty in a love story. To be chosen, to be cherished, and to be treasured. I am learning to embrace this part of me, by allowing my God to heal these very damaged, very wounded places. I think that one of the greatest goal's the enemy has on a woman is to directly damage these 3 parts of her heart.

I love looking down to physically see that reminder. That I am chosen. I am chosen by the creator of the universe, before the creation of all the world, He chose me. To be His daughter, His bride, to treasure and cherish me, forever. The vows that God made to me can never be broken, stolen, damaged, and will never change. He stays true to that promise.

If you look close, you will see a nail going through the "h" To remind me that He made the ultimate display of love anyone could ever make. By taking nails through His hands and feet, by literally giving His life to be with me.....a romantic, yet gory love story that I, me, Sarah, get to be the center of!!

As long as I can remember, I've tried to have a human man take that place in my life. I thought that if a man chose me, I would be satisfied. The only problem with that is that there is no human man that can do that perfectly. Whether it's a ranchy boyfriend or your husband that loves God and is faithful to you, no man can take that place in a woman's heart that longs to be chosen, treasured and cherished.

But there is a twist to all of this. God designed a man and wife to "play" the roles of who He is with us. He created a man and wife to display the dance, romance and love of Him and His beloved. So when the foundations are correct and in the right order, you have an amazingly powerful couple that experience true love the way God intended. I see now that as Joe fights for me and walks in that, he brings healing to me. As I embrace that I am chosen by GOD himself, there's a beauty that arises inside and protective walls will come down.

And as an ending note....I can't wait for my next tattoo!! :P:P:P:P

6 comments:

Morgan said...

They are beautiful tatoos. I'm so glad you and Joe are on this journey together.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

beautiful- sorry I haven't called yet, we have still been bouncing back and forth. We are in Fort Qu'Appelle for the week again, but I will really have to see you when we get back, then we will only have 2 weeks until we move into our house!

Nin said...

ditto with Morgan, beautiful. Such a testimony :)

Trev and Rebekah said...

Love it! I too am glad you and Joe are on this journey. I remember last year being in tears praying for you two. It's amazing to see you walking through this and together. I am encouraged. God is our redeemer. Love both the tatoos!

Nelda said...

Awesome blog!!

Laurie said...

that is so meaningful and so beautiful!!!!