Sunday, June 24, 2007

Fruit that will last

On June 1st, Nin and I started a journey. We are running in the physical to learn in the spiritual. We are reaping blessings and rewards in the physical already, but the things we are learning in the spiritual are pretty cool!

We have a course that we started in our neighbourhood (which we have now lengthened) We use lamposts to break up the workout. We walk normal for some, power walk for some, jog for some and sprint for some. When we first started we mapped out our "main drag" for our jog that we would eventually lengthen. We first we able to jog for 2 posts and there was no talking, just concentration on not dying! LOL
Now our main drag has lengthened to 4 posts, which we can talk during and the recovery is by no means as bad as it used to be.
At the end of our course, nin and I turned the last stretch into a sprint. (this is where I literally die!! LOL) At the end of the course last night, nin had to coach me through breathing! But in time this will get easier too.THIS IS NOT NIN AND I IN THIS PIC...it's just a couple of girls I found on the net....(some people actually thought it was nin and I...)

What a journey. We find that as we approach our "main drag" where it's time to run the distance, we get intimidated. We are about to face our "giant" We gather up our courage, our strength, say a little prayer and take a step of faith...to run the race set before us.

The parables are fascinating. Everything from cramps to commitment, all ties into our walk with God.
I am mostly encouraged that 2 sisters, raised by a mother that never followed through with anything, has no idea to this day what a commitment means.....are sticking it out, are bearing fruit! Nin and I have a history in our pasts to fizzle out, to give up, to not go the distance. This is the curse that wants to carry on through the blood lines. I love being able to run along side my only sister and physically declare that we will not stand for this as part of our heritage...We run together and by every step we take, we are gaining more ground.....
and for us....this is NEW GROUND.

Usually, this is the point of a journey where I'm all pumped and emotional. But God is teaching me to stay steady....not hyped. I am encouraged, but focused. It's a race of endurance, not temporary fruit....but "fruit that will last"

12 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

Sarah,
You truly do know commitment and work--not fizzling out. Throughout your life you have come through many hurdles. Your marriage of ten years is a testimony to that! God is faithful and you are faithful to Him. Keep up the good work and Keep Running!

forgiven4this said...

Amen...got shivers girlie...what a testimony on God's faithfulness, thanks so much for sharing, it is so beautiful when we stand for what is right, and declare that we chose something better

Nin said...

wow.........
obviously this post speaks as much to me as it does for you. It's still mind blowing to look back on where we came from, and where God has brought us, in the physical and spiritual. I love walking this road with you.....couldn't do it without you.

Monica said...

I love reading about your journey, and especially your running as I try to run, too. Where I could only do 2 minutes at a time a month ago, now I can do 7, and I know that soon I'll be able to do 10, and hopefully it will start being fun soon! And yet there's always room for improvement, no matter how good I may get...
Keep it up! I'm thinking of entering something to have a goal in mind, maybe we will meet somewhere?

Crystal said...

I am so proud of you for sticking it out.....What great rewards you will reap at the end when the Father says to you "Well done thou good and faithful servant"....way to go! Both you and Nin continuously inspire me!
Blessings

Carol said...

You two are looking awesome! Sarah, I would have never guessed from that picture that you had a baby a couple of months ago. And look at the muscle tone in those legs. Doesn't it feel great to get your body into shape? Way to go, Sarah and Nin!

Trail Rider said...

LOLOLOLOL......
Carol, that is NOT us......
LOLOLOL
It's a pic I pulled off the internet of two people running. My body does NOT look like that!
Sorry, I hope that nobody else thought that was us!!!!
Did anyone else think that was us????

Nin said...

LOLOLOL.......
definately false advertizing

Dianna said...

Acually I thought it was a picture of you and your sister. Great post btw

Trail Rider said...

I;m going to have to clarify this! I never thought people would think we actually look like that!!!

But I can see if you've never met us...

Madame Angela Baggett said...

another correlation: by your sharing your journeys (in the spirit and in the physical) you have a great cloud of witnesses cheering you on-- so next time you get to the sprint lampposts, hear the echo in your ear of all of us with you yelling- Go girls! We are with you, we are for you, you can do it- nothing is impossible for she who draws strength from the LOVER!

Carol said...

That is SOOO funny!! I totally thought it was you and Ninette. I even looked at the picture trying to decide if it was actually you or not. The one girl I thought looked like Ninette and so I thought the blond was you. I'm feeling a little silly now. :)