Tuesday, June 19, 2007

updates!!!!!


BREASTFEEDING UPDATE

Breast feeding is going increasingly better. I'm now on day 5 of some pills that produce prolactin in your body and pumping every 2 to 3 hours.
When I first started on day one, I was only able to get a quarter of an ounce out of the pump. At the breast, I had a little tube in the corner of her mouth, feeding formula through a syringe at every feed.
5 days later, I now am able to feed her without the SNS tube (supplemental nursing system) right and left breast and then pump up to 2 ounces after each feeding.
I'm not out of the woods yet. Only my little Elishah will be able to make the final decision as to whether she wants to continue. But I think bringing my milk back with this pump and the pills is going fairly well.

MARRIAGE UPDATE

I am so passionate about marriage and all God has purposed for it! Ever since Joe and I took a "love and respect" course (by emerson enriches) 2 years ago, our marriage is constantly changing for the better. It's mostly 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Sometimes it's 2 steps back...but for the most part, God continues to fire our hearts with walking a Godly marriage out.
Another amazing tool I've found is a book called, created to be his help meet. WOW, it really just speaks to the wives. It causes you to only look at yourself and challenges you to change yourself and to stop trying to change your spouse. There is so so so much blessing in walking in the purpose of being your hubby's helpmeet. and it's a double folded blessing, because your hubby becomes more and more free to hear and follow God, instead of all your expectations. Having our 5th child really rocked the boat on this issue, but God has been faithful to get us back on track and take us further and further than we've ever been!!

RUNNING UPDATE

Nin and I are still faithfully running. The other night, nin shared that she ran really fast without getting tired....makes me think of the verse in Isaiah that we will runa dn not grow weary!! We are learning more parables as we run and face obstacles in the physical, we are learning much in the spiritual.
Hebrews 12 is a total running chapter! It has been my inspiration for the last while!
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

The whole chapter is amazing and worth to tie it around your neck and put it in your heart!!


BULIMIA UPDATE

Let's just say it's been over a week now and I have accountability in place to keep me on the straight and narrow!

that's all for now!

8 comments:

Monica said...

I'm glad for you that the breastfeeding is going better! I know the stress of not knowing if you're making enough milk. I'm still trying to breastfeed, too, and being back at work 1/2 time makes it hard as I have a constant pressure to pump for the next day. On days that I can't pump as much I get stressed, and that doesn't help matters. I've found that the pumping after every feeding helps to build up my supply again over a few days so far.

I'm also trying to get into the running! What a hard thing to get into! 2 years ago I got to the point of enjoying it before I got pregnant and had to quit, so I'm struggling through now in hopes that it will be fun again.

Trev and Rebekah said...

It was great meeting you this past weekend. You are a sweetheart. I am glad the pills are working. I found that I am more engorged on them.
I didn't know you dealt with bulema. I was anorexic in high school and my first years at Bible school. Eating disorders are a battle and I discovered it was a way that Satan had a foot hold in my life. That was when I asked for prayer help and was able to deal with the root of my problem. May you be able to do the same.

Jenny said...

Way to go Sarah. You are so determined and are persevering.
I didn't have the determination. I took the pills for 1 week and they didn't do anything for me.
You can do this!
Excellent about the running!
BTW I'm in S'toon on the Aug. 18th weekend. Would love to meet up with you and your inspiring sis for a coffee! Or take the kids to a park.
TTYL

Nin said...

love that pic of the girls running.

Trail Rider said...

jenny! i will mark my calendar!!!
aug 18th, i look forward to meeting you and yes, lets do a park, or you can just come over and hang out in my back yard....hopefully, we will have our play structure built by then!!!

let's get the details further down, but I'll give you my number and so on. where are you staying in stoon?

Trail Rider said...

btw, thanks for all your encouragment everyone!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I agree that our meeting was a God thing. I think it's neat to meet fellow Christian women who strive for a deeper relationship with their Creator.

Laurie said...

WOW! Your post does sound very encouraging. Good for you on EVERYTHING! Quite the mom you are! I am sooo happy for you that the breastfeeding thing is getting better. I do know the feeling of the desire to breastfeed! I will pray that it will all go well for you.

I don't struggle with bulemia but I do struggle with being overweight. I have lost in the past.....but I am the highest I have ever been! YUCK :)(at least I have 4 kids to be proud of) So I am hoping once we get moved and settled, that Rolland and I both will start a better eating lifestyle, and a better activity lifestyle. Ugggg, what a struggle hey.

Thanks for the comment on my blog.

THinking of you!