Friday, June 29, 2007

One year ago

I was pondering where I was at a year ago and all that has changed in only one year of my life.....

One year ago:

-Joe and I found out we were pregnant with Elishah (on June 30 2006)

We were at Saskatoon Asian on a date. We snuck into the girls bathroom stall and took a pregnancy test! We were very very happy!

-Our first born son was still alive

We were getting ready to go on a trip to Winnipeg and take Caleb to a stay in Parkridge for 13 days.

-We rented the home we now own!

We were just starting to find out some answers to some questions about buying this house...

-We slept in a corner (with spiders!) of our unfinished basement.

Our house only had one floor, 3 bedrooms and one bathroom. Now it has 5 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms and 2 living rooms!!!

- was 143 pounds.....sigh.....

I am now 167 pounds with a total of 27 pounds lost from the pregnancy! And plan to be 140 by christmas! (and a runner!)

-We almost had a 2006 dodge caravan wheelchair accesible to a family of soon to be 7!!!

After Caleb's death, the van went to a dear dear single mom that has a daughter in a wheelchair...so we still have our ol beat up 1998 windstar.

-Our house had all white walls!

Now we have a bright green room, a purple room, a yellow room, an orange room, a moss and sunflower room, a cranberry red and beige room, a periwinkle room and a ghostbuster slime green and sky blue room!

-We were a family of 6

We are now a family of 7 with an amazing son dancing with Jesus right now!

-My sister, Nin lived in a small, sweaty, stuffy, hot, boring, far apartment

Now she lives on my street! Along with my mom and dad across the way!

-We had an average size TV that we never watched. Didn't even have channels

Now we have a 42 inch plasma TV that I think gets watched way too often with all the channels you can think of!

Alot can happen in one year. We have one shot. One chance. To make this life count. Our GREAT AND AMAZING God is the giver and the taker...I pray that at the end of each day, I will know I gave him my all

8 comments:

Crystal said...

That was a great post of reflection....I enjoyed reading it! It's been over a year since we met for the first time too......how time flies....
Blessings

Tanya said...

Great post Sarah...I hope life is treating you good!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

In regards to your last post. I hear you about bitterness and fear. Those two things still are the main tensions that pull my mother and me apart. Thanks for being so real and raw in your reflections.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Yep we have a bumbo. He loved it the firt time we used it at 7 weeks though his head was still not stable. Now he's okay with it. I think he is just a boy who likes to move rather than sit. :0)Let me know how the jolly jumper goes.

Nin said...

it is CRAZY to see where God has brought all of us in the last year.
Let's rock let's rock today.

Trail Rider said...

youre the bees knees....

the biz knese?

Yeah! the beees kneees!!

Nin said...

eh EH ennnnnnhhhhhhhhhhhhhh AHHHH! eh EH ennnhhhhhhhhh AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Lani - the flowerlady said...

I think I may have to do that myself...this year has been an adventure! Sorry I missed your call the other day...miss you.