Friday, September 05, 2008

Our homeschool

This is our homeschool candle. Every morning we light it and pray that Jesus is the light of our school and day. So that we aren't in the dark and we can follow His way. It stays burning as long as we are studying! The aroma reminds me of His sweetness.

I love these little drawers! Smelly markers, gel pens, glue sticks, dry erase, pencil crayons, pens and pencils! We've got it all!




The drawers where we keep all our papers and books.
Our schedule. So far so good. We have 45 minute slots this year instead of 30 minutes. It's been more relaxing to be able to take our time instead of beating the clock.


These are the books we are using. There will be more once I get my hands on the curriculum fair and the used book sale!!!! WOO HOO!! The black book on the bottom is my daily planner and log.

Noah's books. Math-U-See for math, Learning Language Arts through Literature- for L/A, and Accelerated Christian Education for a complimentary L/A and social studies. Faith's preschool workbooks are at the bottom right corner. We print alot of the net and do a lot of painting and crafts. We use pennies to count, puzzles to do, and even the leap pad to learn our letters better!
These are the multi-level teaching materials geared specifically to homeschool families with many kids. The KONOS book is that big yellow book and off to the left. KONOS is a unit study based program that has science, history, math, L/A, music, art, bible, and lifeskills all in one! It comes with a cool timeline that you use through out the year. (I still have to get that up!)
A Beka has a health program we are going to do this year.
History Alive is a christian perspective on the creation through history. (I learn alot from this one!) And we are using an art curriculum this year too!
Isaiah's side. Math-U-See (Love that program!) Learning Language Arts through Literature (grade 2 level) How to teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons. Recommended by veteran homeschool moms. Very good program and it only cost me 12 bucks! (she's almost done this book now) ACE (Accelerated Christian Education) for social studies.



6 comments:

Nin said...

I love how Faith is the only one who has to brush her teeth on the schedule. Dr. Holly would be proud.

Carebear said...

haha, that IS funny! What it MEANS is that it's Noah's job to help her brush teeth, but Noah's square doesn't even have that on his!

Isaiah's been getting Elishah dressed in the morning, that's been fun

Angie said...

That looks like a lot :) I admire your committment to your children to do this with them. This is something I definitely would not have the patience, or complete organization for. I pray your school year with your kids goes well, and you have a lot of fun, and learn more about each other.

Amber said...

I felt sorry for Noah at first when I saw "eat dishwasher" on the chart. Then I realized what was going on ;)

WOW. Looks like you are super organized...homeschooling has always intrigued me. I don't feel that it is for us (unless God tells us otherwise in the next few years) but I love witnessing families (like yours!) succeed!!! All the best for this new school year. Sarah, you rock.

Trev and Rebekah said...

You are so organized. I respect you

Laurie said...

wow! What an awesome mom!! You go girl!

I wish I had some of your organizatinoal skill!!! I need to get me some of those drawer things!