Thursday, February 21, 2008

1 Cor 3:11-15

For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person's work. If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

Chewing on this today. What this speaks to my heart is that we have salvation through Jesus. That is the foundation. It is already laid. But beyond that is up to me. What will I build on top of this foundation.??? One day, and even as I write this, God is testing what I build with fire. Honestly I'm thinking of the three little pigs. The houses that the pigs built were tested and were really shown what they were made of.

I want to build with great quality. I want to pick the most precious jewels. My most valuable assets. I am reminded of what I'm reading in James that I need to believe and not have any hint of doubt, or I am a double minded person. I am starting to realize how precious our faith is to God! I think to Him, these are the precious stones we lay. To trust, believe and have unwaivering faith....like a child. To him this is as precious as gold.

Oh, yeah, and now I'm reminded of that passage in 1 Peter!

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.






















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, thanks for taking the time to write. I sure feeds me. I have a little cycal going were I get close to God and behold his pureity and holiness, and then look down at my own rags and compair and examine myself and get pritty down till I focus on Him again. And then the whole thing starts over again; yet His word is like a mirror. Your thoughts on the building is helping me build better. God's richest to you. Nel

Pamela said...

I really enjoy reading your reflections. Thank you for sharing.