Monday, February 18, 2008

chewing on Galatians chapter 5

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. He didn't die on the cross and suffer so we could be slaves again! So don't ever ALLOW yourself to be burdened AGAIN by the yoke of slavery. It's apparent that once we are saved by faith, we are then set free, but could easily ALLOW ourselves to return back to bondage.
Then paul says to stop trying to live under law. If we are going to choose circumsicision, (that is to be under law) then we are bound to the whole law. (Like I said in a previous post, this is where I would be stoned to death!) And if we are trying to live by law, then we have fallen from grace and Christ died for nothing! It is impossible to live by the law perfectly.

But this is key verse for me: verse 5 But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope.

So it is truly out of my spirit that I live out of. I think i really am starting to grasp this. (I'm trying not to beat myself up for it taking so darn long to learn the basics of living in Christ)
Through the spirit, my hope for true righteousness can be lived THROUGH FAITH.
I never realized how much faith is required to walk this. It's a constant choice to believe what God says about me, about Him and His destiny for me.

Terry read one of the most intense chapters of the bible yesterday, but it was very encouraging because it was what God has been sharing with me in the last while about the freedom in the law.
It was levitcus chapter 18. The do's and don't of sex....mostly don'ts! and how many people would have to be put to death for these types of sins.... The key that stood out to me was the end verse which said that to obey the laws was to LIVE by them. And Terry put very good words to this verse....
TO LIVE BY THEM is to HAVE LIFE IN THE LAWS.
Like the seatbelt story of mine. 200$ ticket sucked, but the seatbelt may save my life one day!
God's laws are to bring life and FREEDOM.

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone, but it makes sense to me, and that's all that matters is that God's will brings fruit in my life.


5 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I am so encouraged at the journey you are on and How you are hungry for the Word and for Truth and that God is speaking daily to your heart.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I too find that when I write deeper posts with scripture, etc. that I get very little comments. It's nice to know that someone else feels the same way!

armacleod said...

I would guess it is because people are so chewing on the scripture they have not thought to put a reply. But then on the other hand...

Anonymous said...

Jam packed with good stuff!!! Thanks, Nel

Nin said...

that statement stood out to me too..... to have life through the law.
I too am only starting to get a glimpse into this simple truth. When I look back to our uprbinging, and the things we learned by watching those around us, it doesn't surprise me that we've struggled with this.
I'm so glad that God is breaking new ground and taking us to NEW HEIGHTS, passing on future blessing and freedom to our own children.
You're amazing, and learning everything in His perfect timing, to minister to those who need to hear this message as well.