Sunday, February 10, 2008

A satisfied heart pt 3 comments please!!!

Is this how you feel when it comes to walking your christian walk?

Most people grow up with a paradigm about pain and pleasure that could not be further from the truth!
In a nutshell, it is this:
I need to make good choices. So, I choose to live for Go
have to give up the pleasures that make the world fun. I'll be a martyr and sacrifice. It's my duty. At least I'll be going to heaven one day.
So this person goes about making the hard, yet better, choices. Temptation comes their way and their "pleasure antennas" are alerted. Oh, that would feel so good! Maybe I'll just do it once. It's so enticing, so seducing, so satisfying! After several compromises, thier guilty conscience kicks in and they kick themselves and turn back to the Lord. They face their walk of pain once again. Until the next promise of pleasure passes by!

To be honest, I have sadly spent alot of my walk with Jesus this way. This is the very reason that people don't want to have anything to do with Jesus. They see so many of us, me very much included, "denying ourselves" from what we REALLY want. Who wants that? DIdn't Jesus promise freedom? Joy? peace? love? and life in abundance? Then why are so many of us not walking in those things? It's all about wrong thinking. This behavior modification. The lie that keeping us trapped in these patterns! It's not truly knowing the truth about what God has said about sin.

No condemnation from the last paragraph. It's just something to think about.
But I'm so excited to share the freedoms that God is showing me!! But not yet! This cycle in my life is being broken! this cycle of lies, deceit and death. I am just writing a little bit at a time. Write more tomorrow!!!!! Is there anyone out there where this is really hitting some heart strings? Tell me what you think of what I'm sharing! I would love to walk this with some of my blogger friends!


Blessings on you and yours today!

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Make sure you go to my blog for news.

Nin said...

have been loving having you share all that you've been learning with me. Am so relating in so many ways.
"This is the very reason that people don't want to have anything to do with Jesus. They see so many of us, me very much included, "denying ourselves" from what we REALLY want. Who wants that?"
This hits, I DO NOT want to show the lost that this is the God I serve.
Love you
GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)