Saturday, February 23, 2008

Tonight is your night bro....toniiiight is your night bro, it's your night bro....

This month, my babies are a year older.....(sigh)

This is where the baby bug hits me hard and I have this desperate need to make a new baby.
But guess what????????????
No bug!!
HAHA (insert evil laugh here)

Over the past year, there hasn't been a day that goes by that I haven't thought of this once. Wondering if we should have more kids, or get fixed, or not get fixed and not have more.....

There really is a sense of peace between Joe and I that we really are done. Our family is complete. I love my kids, I love the size of our family, I love what God has given us.

My body has grown 5 babies! That's lots of stretching, stretch marks, saggy, jello-y skin but 5 beautiful blessings to show for it! There are lots of reasons why I feel done.
One of them has to do with the fact that I got pregnant in highschool at 17 years old. From 17 to 28, I've been growing and birthing babies. Now that I am on a good road to physical wellness, I am excited to spend my 30's being active with the kids I have, and enjoying feeling great!

Of course, most of you know that the last 10 years of my life (apart from the one year I managed to loose all 50 pounds before I got pregnant again) has been spent overweight, overtired, and overindulgent. I have had to grieve the loss of those prime years, knowing that I could have and should have been alot more wise with my 20's. But all I can do is learn from it, and let God truly have my 30's for His glory!


Well, that was a rabbit trail!
Tonight is Faith's 3rd, and Elishah's 1st birthday party! I have yellow, brown and orange matching balloons to match our new living room! I will post pictures of the party and our new living room. Take care all blogger friends!

7 comments:

andrew + camille said...

you go girl!!
(sorry that was cheesy)
but that is all any of us can do, hey? just look to the future and forget about the past. good on you for sticking with the healthy lifestyle!!!! i admire you, and wow 5 kids, you are blessed!!

Nin said...

am loving this post, rabbit trail and all.
hear and love the heart behind it all.

Pamela said...

Happy birthday to the kids. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a verse I love from Philippians 3:13-14
"No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us."

You have grown so much and I see the pressing on! Proud to have you as a friend!
Happy Birthday to the kids!
Blessings

Trev and Rebekah said...

Congrats on feeling done in regards to having kids. I hear you on taking care of your body and wanting to have the energy needed for your kids in your 30's.

I really hope that I can have all my kids before I get too old so that I have the energy for them.

And I love it that you chew on scripture. Do you just find a passage and then see what God speaks through that?

Trail Rider said...

To be honest, I've been so starved for the living word, that no matter where I open the bible, it feeds me.

God has been encouraging me that I have built somewhat of a foundation, because as He is sharing with me about the law of liberty (which is what God is taking me through right now) I am able to find cross references to what He needs to say. I find that I start with a scripture, and then in the end, I've been in several books, tying it all together.

Like i said, to be honest, I should have been in the word a long time ago the way I am now. I am not surprised that my growth was so slow with such a lack of God's word in my life.

How about you??

-Me- said...

Happy Birthday Faith and Elishah!!! You are amazing, Sarah :-) You have been truly blessed with your kiddos, and you are always so inspiring to me when I read your blog. Glad to hear that you have peace with whether or not to have more kids..thats so great!!