Monday, July 28, 2008

1000 blessings (26-36) AND A VIDEO AT THE END YOU HAVE TO SEE!!

26. My best sister. Thank you God for giving her to me as a sister. She's my friend, my blood, my laugh attack buddy, a source of wisdom, someone I look up to, and just an awesome gift!




27. The new river landing! We live in such a beautiful city. We went out there last week with my cousin Gord and Nin and her kids.




28. My sister's boyfriend, Eugene. He is such a caring, loving man. The kids absolutly adore him and SO DO I!!!! He has taken my sis on a MUCH DESERVED vacation. God bless this couple!


29. God's fireworks last night! Joe and I got to see a funnel/tornado last night. It was so cool! It didn't touch down, but it was half way down the sky. It dissipated just as I called my sis to tell her.




30. Here is a baby duck or goose that we found in our other window well on the same day that Noah flooded the basement. We took him to the zoo. They told us that he was only a couple of days old! They are caring for it and will let us know when it will get launched onto the pond! Thank you God for giving us an opportunity to learn and care for your creation!






31. The birthday BBQ was AWESOME! here is a clip of the highlight of the night! It turned on the women and children as Chris had secretly planned the men's backfire! He filled up a whole basket before the party and brought them out at just the right time!
NO ONE WAS SAFE! Not even Joe's 86 year old Grandma! We were all hit, even the kids!



32. I love the men in our family! They were such good sports...of course, they knew all along that they had their plan perfectly sealed and ready! From left to right : Joe, uncle Denis, my dad, Chris and Tom. Eugene was there too, I'm not sure where he is right now.33. I am so thankful for my uncle Tom. We even got him doing the hula!!! Now that was awesome. He LOVES all our kids, they are like his own grandkids. My auntie and him don't have any grandkids, so they "borrow" ours. What a blessing! Check out my uncle John in the big sombraro hat!! LOL

34. The family was hootin and hollerin as grandma bonnie and uncle Denis raced with eggs on their spoons in funny shoes. Check out my mom in the background!!! LOL

35. The after math of the fight as everyone's discussing their battle scars.
36. Joe's hobby has had it's ups and downs. I've honestly had a love hate relationship with it. Over the years, I've grown to like these fast little cars. Joe started his hobby about 8 years ago and in that time, he's found good balance and the fun of the sport. I'm thankful that God uses these things to stretch us and that he's used it as an opportunity for us to grow closer.

6 comments:

Amber said...

hee hee, that's a lot of shrieking in that one video! fun times!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Fun post! So when are you available? During the day or evenings? Just checking for when I come at the end of Aug.

Nin said...

aw! Ditto to your first blurb. :)

That was so much fun dude!

Throwing the water balloons, funny.
Bonnie getting two in the face, Hilarious.
Joe's serious, prim and proper grandma getting soaked and having to walk around in your carebear pj pants? Priceless....

You throw one rockin party. My hubby mentioned to me after we came home that that was the best party you've ever put together. Good job. :) You'll have to help me plan my sons bday party now!
(I'm being reminded of this Friends quote, where Winona Ryder is a guest star, and she runs into Rachel and they're old friends who haven't seen eachother in a long time, and Rachel is like, so are you still in real estate? and she's like, no, I really wanted to branch out and do something that will really make a difference in people's lives.... and Rachels like, so what do you do??
.......I'm a party planner.) See why you need to watch Friends? I don't have time to be typing all the setup and scenarios.

-Me- said...

What a fun post :D To answer your question on my blog, the spaghetti was homemade..I'm not sure that I've ever actually had spaghetti from a can...now you made me curious...I might just have to try that out sometime! Hee hee :P And don't let my son's adorable-ness fool you.....he is a very mischevious little man...God definitely made him cute for a reason..LOL ;)

-Me- said...

oh by the way, Nin, that episode of Friends - HILARIOUS :-)

Jenny said...

I love your blessing posts...will try to do one in the next few days.
Thank you so much for the kind words on my blog. I thought of you and Nin while in Vancouver. It is my plan, and someday I know we will all meet...:)
Big hUgS