Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happy Canada DAY!!!!!

I love Canada day! I love my country. We were at Caleb's grave the other day and the kids were able to see all the war vets from the Great War. Faith says, "did all da bad guys kill dem at night?"
Our children have no idea how they received the freedom they have....

Today is the day that the Waldherr's get all dressed up in red and white, put canada tatoos all over our bodies, including our faces! Even the babies get a big flag across their forehead!

We load up with bug spray, frisbies, blankets, snacks, glow in the dark necklaces (so we can keep track on the kids in the dark) and a whole lot of spirit and head out to the diefenbaker hill. We sit right in the front row. I can't wait! There will be pics to follow

Here are some pics of other years...One year a huge storm blew in, and my native mother built a tent out of one tarp in 60 seconds flat!
Click on these links to see our other canada day adventures!!!

2007(from my blog)
2007 (from my sister's blog)
2005 (the year of the storm)

Stay tuned for more!!

2 comments:

Nin said...

have been looking at those pics. Found those videos! There's this real real short one, and all you hear is dad saying
"my sleeve is just soaked"
and when you replay it over and over it's like...
"my sleeve is just soaked, my sleeve is just soaked, my sleeve is just soaked, my sleeve is just soaked"
in a total dad voice.
It's cute.
Also, seeing you in those pics is whack!

Trail Rider said...

can't get my pics off the camera