Friday, July 04, 2008

4 runner personalities

The warrior: Is a total serious runner into times, personal records and getting faster all the time. real advanced warriors run marathons more than once a year.

The socializer: Running is way to meet people, be with people and make friends. The more the merrier. They will join running clubs and will prefer to run with a buddy.

The purist: Running is to feel good. They enjoy the wind in their hair and waving at others as they pass eachother. They are in their own little world when they run. Destressing from the day, thinking of various things. It's all about the after glow feeling that they run for.

The exersizer: This runner runs towards a goal...inches lost, body fat burned and a more toned body. They don't run for the 'feel good' feeling, but for the results that they will get.


My sis told me about these 4 runner personalities a couple of weeks ago. It was REALLY COOL!
Can you guess which runner I am??? And if you are a runner...which one are you?????

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say you're mainly a purist with a bit of exerciser and warrior sprinkled in...

Morgan

Nin said...

ooooooh. Nice one Morgan.

THACI said...

your started out as in exerciser and then it developed into being a purest. Running for the joy of it.

Trail Rider said...

Cool answers guys! Morgan, you are right on! I guess being that you are one of my closest friends....you know me so well!! I love how you worded that! Jessie, you were right too, I did start that way, then didn't realize how much I'd love it!

So.....what about other runner's??? I really want to hear from other runner's

Trail Rider said...

I guess you don't have to be a runner. If you workout out, what ever your thing is (biking, walking, weight training, swimming....) can you relate yourself to one of these personalities??

Nelda said...

Purist all the way!!!! I just started my second run and am amased at how far I went. Got a pair of NIKE's, a very strong body, and some music. My mind got totaly dissconected from my body as it listened to the music. Company wouldn't work for me cause I do tend to get lost in my own world. There was never a boring moment, and I came back elated. Thanks for the inspo!!

Oh, Sarah, if you can come out here ever, I'd love to show and tell you all about how we live. Do you ever drive to Winipeg? We are on the way, just stop in and you are welcome to stay for a night. We are just 15 min off the #1 hyway.