Thursday, July 07, 2005

Canada day!



Getting ready to walk to the park! We went all out this year with tatoos, umbrella hats and flags!











Chelsea came with my crazy family! She's excited at this point...so far!!!

It started raining as soon as we got there...My cree nation mother, who can live in the bush sucessfully for months, quickly built us a tent out of one tarp!
Under the tarp was much laughter, since it was crazy taking 5 small children into this weather was ridiculous!



/





Caleb was nice and warm...

















My sister and dad being their normal selves!


There were many laughs waiting out the rain. People in the park were calling Noah "yoda" while fighting my uncle John.










Chelea's thoughts: "why did I come?? this is nuts! when's the rain going to stop?! Sheesh!"









Yes...this is my uncle....But he is more related to my mom than me! He enjoyed the rain while everyone else huddled in the tent.




Chris thouroughly enjoying himself!


















Best of friends! The rain is starting to let up now






NO I am NOT mother Teresa! I am cold and wet!

Faith did very well. I think she knew how cute she was with her tatoo!









Time to swig dad's chocolate milk! Like the hat granny made for me out of a tea towel!?









Jonah was also a jedi!























Snuggle close...it's chilly!







WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!! "chris you're missing it!"

YEAAAA CANADA!!











The walk home....What a night!!!!








Feel free to click on the pictures to enlarge them. (I warn you tho...do NOT click on my uncle's one of him holding the umbrella! It will scare you! LOL)

6 comments:

Nin said...

AWESOME POST!
It was like I experienced the whole night over again.
After all, what would Canada Day be without a huge storm right on top of us, a mini camp out in the middle of the field, a shwack load of kids and a Jedi Light Saber fight? Anything more normal than that and it just wouldn't be our style.

andrew + camille said...

Wow - that was so awesome!! i love how you were able to document that whole evening. Wish we could have come withyou, but was enjoying spending time with my family! (long distance families suck!)
I love that baby Faith had a tattoo!

Trail Rider said...

The post didn't totally turn out the way I put it together in the rough copy. Jonah's pic of light saber fighting didn't show up. I'm new to posting pics, but I will get better at it. For now, this will have to do.

Of course thanks to ninette and chris, we have all those pics in the first place....thanks guys!

Chelsea said...

Thanks Sarah! I loved hanging out with your crazy family...that reminds me that I wanted to write a post about your family. I'm gonna get to it right away so make sure you check it out. Can I get all those pics sent to me? Maybe I should be asking Ninette. Classic picture of me with another face...I have no idea why I looked so unimpressed because really I was enjoying myself! Really I was!

Trail Rider said...

LOLOL
I believe you ;)

Thanks for sharing it with us!

BayouMaMa said...

That looked like fun...in a miserable sort of way. *chuckle*

It's always those kinds of memories that you remember...you tend forget the events that go just "perfectly."

You have a Jonah, too? :-)