Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Is He worthy? Part 2


Each day that passes, I recieve more and more peace. My trust for God is increasing! Each day I ask, "God, if you told me to put my kids in school, would I?" And each day my heart is knowing that God really has me covered. I'm not there yet.
God is giving me direction each day. At first when He asked me to lay this down, I was so overwhelmed. Where do I start, how do I lay such a big dream down!? What does that look like, does that mean that I don't plan for Noah's grade one school year? Does that mean I don't do anything till I hear something? God is so faithful. I think that's why alot of us ignore those little quiet whispers from the spirit because the task seems too big to tackle! So yet another part of God's character is coming through loud and clear. He won't give us anything we can't handle. A phrase tossed around too commonly. The parts of the bible that are too commonly known, seems like are the most important. When God asks us to do something, He will provide a way for it to be done. It all boils down to faith. Do we really believe that God will give us the grace He promised us....(sounds like moose's post on faith) But seriously! As long as we are willing and humble, he will give us the grace.The definition of grace has changed for me. It hasn't changed in the word, but my understanding of it has. Darcy's favorite verse, "He gives us everything we need for life and godliness" (Becoming one of mine too) It's His power that we are able walk the way He calls us. And I'm finally starting to wrap my head around this resurrection thing....you'd think that would kinda important to get that if you've been saved for like 10 years!

My mother in law had a cup of tea and I told her everything that God is trying to teach me. She had a few questions about my plans. "what are you going to do then? Are you going to put Noah in school later on maybe?"
The answer to those questions is "I have to die to those answers so that God can tell me His answers". I used to have it all planned out (not that it's not wrong to plan out your future) But it IS wrong to plan you own plans without laying them down first. I am confident in that truth now. Yet another interpretation of the words, "you give and take away" After the plans are at the cross, He chooses what to give back and take away....for our own good, so that He can prosper us and give us a hope and a future.




So for now God has given me the peace to continue planning Noah's school year, knowing full well that He may ask us to enroll him into school later. Our God is a God of order. To sit around and be idle would be unwise. What matters at this point is that I'm growing and preparing my heart to move when God says to move.
My dear mother in law has my busiest of all the children (can anyone guess which one it is?;)) So I need to use this time wisely and get stuff accomplished! Bless you all my awesome family today....your all great! Thanks for walking this with me.
(hugs)

1 comment:

Nin said...

You're in an amazing place, right in His arms, listening to His voice. You are doing great, you are willing to change, and willing to move into His will, which is the safest place you could ever be. We're always worried about harm, to us, our families, our kids, but as soon as we step into His will, we need not worry, because we are completely protected with His promises. And even though you're not at the place yet, where you'd be able to send my little busy nephew into school, you're still in His will right now, because you're willing to walk in it, and that's all He asks. Love ya, you're awesome, a testomony for many!