Sunday, August 28, 2005

It's not about you, it's not about me...



On my deck, suntanning with my sister. She looks at her shadow and starts to comment on her thighs. AS IF! Look at MY legs! Don't even go there nin, you're legs arent' even big....MINE are way bigger. She says, "it's not about you I was talking about my legs, not yours."

That has been echoing ever since. We always make things about us....I always make things about me. When someone is sharing their heart with me, they want me to listen....to them, not to me and my response. It's just something I've been learning to stop making it about me all the time. Start holding things up to the word of God and not my own experiences. These are my thoughts today.

5 comments:

Sue said...

I commend you for using your sister's comment to grow rather than grow defensive. Kudos to you for that. The definition of Joy is "Jesus, Others, You." That's what you said, and I love your heart, too. Sue

Trail Rider said...

COOL, thanks for sharing that!

Tanya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tanya said...

Thank you for making me see the light. I totally do the same thing. Also thank you for being so honest in your struggles. May God bless you richly for it. Take care.

BayouMaMa said...

Hey Carebear!

I love that! I am REALLY bad for that. I've made excuses that it's just "my way" of relating to someone elses circumstances...truth is...it's just sin.

Thank you for the reminder to "stop making it about me all the time."