Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I can't believe where God hand picked me from!

I was sitting in my living room listening to a song of old....one that I used to listen to in "my old life".......started to cry of course......

I was overwhelmed with an incredible gratefulness....can't stress that enough. God hand picked me from the road to hell. Some of the memories filled my mind and my heart was just broken. God did it! He just picked me up, where I was at, kicking and screaming (literally) and kept me under his wing until I could stand on my own. I left home when I was 15 and quit school to party all day and all night. My parents didn't hear from me for months at a time. When I think of where that road was going and where I could have ended up.........fills me with intense thankfulness and humility. I didn't deserve to be rescued. I didn't deserve to be saved. I cursed God. But He said, I'll forgive her for she doesn't know what she does.

My life today is a black and white picture compared to back then. Do you even know how I got clean? My parents hid behind a bush of the arcade that I hung out at. When I came strolling out, they grabbed me!!!! They shoved me into a car and drove me to Edmonton to get my head clear. They hid my boots in the oven so that I wouldn't take off. My dad slept on the outside of my bed so that I wouldn't sneek off in the night.

I CALL THAT MERCY!!!!
thanks daddy......I guess that's what it means when you said "you loved us first!"

2 comments:

Nin said...

I too am deeply blessed, that He hand picked you from where you've been. Otherwise I'd have a hard cold hearted snake of a sister! Really though, there have been so many times that I've reflected on our lives, and how they've come together so strong.....You have been such a mentor to me, don't know what I would've done on my own. You have a beautiful testomony of God's faithfulness, a true story of 'Jesus never fails'.

Janelle said...

Hi! I don't think we know each other but i just wanted to tell you that i'm encouraged by your blog - which i stumbled upon. please keep it up!! and i hope it's ok that i added you to my favorites list on my blog! God Bless!