Tuesday, August 16, 2005

What's the weather like over there?




Who knows that I'm a weather freak? Who knows that I am absolutely fascinated with clouds, wind, rain, lightning.... etc. Some of you may even think that I need help.

One reason for my love and passion for the weather is that God is the weatherman. Through the weather, we can all see that He's the dude! He's the man! He holds the weather in his hands. This is one thing about the earth that man cannot control. Every sunset, every breath of wind comes from heaven above. To me, the weather shows God's sovereignty. It shows me that He's in control and He makes the rules. Because His word says that God is perfect and flawless, we can trust that every move He makes is for our good, for our protection and for His glory. With that all said, this is what I need to walk....
Everyone in life is on a different journey. Some are in a valley, some are climbing a mountain, or on the top of the mountain enjoying the view, some are drinking from a crystal stream. Some are caught in a severe thunderstorm. Let me carry on...
Some are hot in a desert. Some are on a beach soaking up the rays of the sun. Some may even be hiding in a cave, trying to shelter themselves from the weather. As I pray and sort out my thoughts and attitudes, I realize that I'm looking at everyone else's journey either thankful I'm not in that storm or wishing I was the one on the beach.

Do I trust God?
Really?
Our God does nothing without purpose. If it's raining, there's a reason. If it's sunny He knows why. If you’re in a desert, He put you there. If you’re on the mountaintop, enjoy the view, it may not last long. Every season is beautiful in it's time.
I know in my heart that He is holding me in the palm of His hand. I know that the other hand is my shade. But sometimes I feel like I'm all by myself getting rained on and it's just not fair. I want to embrace his rain, sun and cloud. For pete's sake even God lived in a cloud! I want to stay the course, stay the path that He has ME walking. God forgive me for not embracing your divine seasons. If it's raining, teach me what I need to learn and most of all teach me the joy that comes with EVERY season. I WILL NOT HIDE IN A CAVE!

You promised us peace. Peace that doesn't make any sense. Peace that endures through any weather. Supernatural peace and joy that comes from embracing the weather around us. All you need is a heart wanting your way and you do the rest! WHEW....that's a load off.... K God, you do it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com I'm feeling determined!

7 comments:

Nin said...

Wow, I'm so glad God was able to speak to you in such a powerful way. Go for the gold sister! It's at the end of your personal rainbow :)

Nin said...

BTW, why are all your blinkies at the bottom? Giving our eyes a rest?

Tanya said...

Thanks for the link, I've bookmarked it. Thanks too for visiting again. Check out my latest post, I think it might interest you. Take care.

Trail Rider said...

Yeah, I thought the visual assult to y'all's eyeballs might be getting a bit much. Besides, I have 13 pages of blinkies saved.....I will be changing them from time to time.

I just pray that I have the faith and patience to walk all the ways God is calling me to.

Sue said...

Thanks for the fabulous, uplifting post. I've always (well, since I've been saved, that is), that there's no bad weather... just different kinds of good weather. God is indeed in control, and thank God, we're not!

Sue said...

BTW, speaking of Jim Carrey, have you seen Bruce Almighty?

Trail Rider said...

yeah, I really really liked it. it's one that I want to own. I don't like that one part where he gives her pleasure tho....they always have to ruin a good movie with some slime in it....you know to appease all audiences....

thanks for stopping by!