Tuesday, August 02, 2005

running errands with a bunch of children.....(sigh)


It starts as a beautiful day. You are about to journey into your vehicle for the whole day with all your kids...Everyone is happy and you are excited to get all your things accomplished. You are determined to make every obstacle a victory. When you detour for the 8th time around construction, you talk about the graters and the sweepers, and the diggers. "LOOK KIDS! look at that big digger.....(in our way)" It takes you 20 minutes to go over the university bridge: "Look kids, how high the water is!....(as they are fighting eachother to look out the window). Finally at the hospital, we are there to pick up Caleb's special milk. We've made it! 15 minutes to find a parking spot, 15 minutes in line to pay, 15 minutes to wait for the milk, .....but do not depair, we will get out of this #$^%& hospital in the next century! "Kids, stay close, kids, don't run in the hallways, kids, we are NOT going to eat supper here!....." Picture in your head for me: a stroller with a baby, two energetic kids (one of those being Noah) a big cart to carry caleb's 5 cases of milk on. How, do you ask, do I get to the van? Well, I was very smart this time! I asked for help!!! I know, I'm a genius! (wish I would have thought of that before!) The kids used to ride in the bottom of the cart where the milk was, the car seat rocking back and forth on the top of the cart and every person I passed had a very strange look. I'm not sure why. (If only they knew I was missing a kid yet!)
Back to the car, on for another adventure. After Walmart, paying rent, getting caleb's milk, stopping at parkridge, we get home and I unload the van. Baby is crying, Caleb just gets home from his day program and needs to be lifted into the house, kids want cereal, I need to pee and by this point a butterfly lands on my arm and I'm ready to cry! (for those who know me and bugs) I do a funky chicken dance in my back yard trying to get the thing off my arm and realize the lift isn't working (baby still crying) ....................


Needless to say, I knew that if I didn't get them into their rooms, for some "quiet time" someone was going to get a full blown mom attack very soon.
AAAAhhhhhh.......I am now blogging to some peace and quiet, kids are quiet, baby is sleeping, and I am very content. Time for my refresh before they envade my life once again.

P.S. (I really do love being a mom....honest!LOL)

4 comments:

BayouMaMa said...

Ever feel like your life is a drama? *chuckle*

If superheros really existed...they would all be mothers. ;-)

Thanks for all of your encouragement when you stop by my blog. Those kind words are sometimes just what I need to hear when I'm having a "lazy" day.

Nin said...

sigh.....
where would the laughs come from if there were no days like these?

Tanya said...

Sounds so familiar and I only have two. Glad you could find some "mom time" it is so needed, even if it is for a few minutes. Take care.

Tanya
PS. I finally did it, I started my own, check it out if you'd like.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! that story absolutely made my day and made me laugh, and I needed that this morning!!

* Camille