Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I've been book tagged

I've been tagged by the flowerlady!

Total books I've ever owned:
Never really started reading till I got married and it's been a slow process to fall in love with reading. So I've counted them up, roughly around 500-600 including kids books too. It's increased alot since we started to homeschool. I bet before we started, we only had 100-200 or so.

Last book I bought: I'm in the process of a BIG order from no greater joy ministries I love their stuff. It's all on family, marriage, child training and bible study. It has really helped our family with common sense parenting and solid biblical teaching on husbands and wives. I'm so excited! Check out the site and read short articles on these topics!

Last book I read: Now that I have a new little one, I am re-reading "To Train Up a Child" by Michael and Debbie Pearl. It's a good reminder that it's never to early to train your children. And it's sharperning the edges that have gotten sloppy with the other 2 kids.

5 Books that meant alot to me: (other than the Word of course)

1. The one I'm reading now of course! It took away alot of confusion around "how to train" and shed light with the word. The fruit of it has made me enjoy them and I love to spend time with them. And all their other books on family, and marriage.

2. A surviors guide to homeschooling. It helped me to start getting my life in order. The author was real and honest. She was blunt and encouraging.

3. Bringing up boys by James Dobson. That was the first book I read all the way through! It was full of nuggets on understanding the craziness of boys, males, and how they work! James Dobson himself said that when he was a boy, he stuffed beans up his nose and was embarrased to tell anyone, so he left them there until they started growing sprouts.....LOL then of course, everyone saw what he had done!

4. The purpose driven life. Which I've only read half way through. But what a book that changes the way you see yourself! The truth in there is dead on! I should really finish that book!

5. Right brained children in a left brained world. I don't even think that my son has a left brain! (chuckle) In order to teach him right, I need to know how that boy is wired! And un-brainwash myself from the "left-brained system" Good book!

(I need to read for fun! I just can't seem to find the time. Whenever I have time, I have all these resaeching books to go through on school, parenting, personal devotions and so on....) I told Carol a couple years back that I was going to read all the LOTR's but only got 3/4 through the hobbit. Maybe someday...

I now tag Livin Forgivin, Living by faith 2, the wife of CWG, and lighthouse!

No comments: