Monday, June 27, 2005

My devotion musings


Reading of the tower of Babel. It's the first time that I have ever read that God destroys unity....Why did He do that? "God opposes the proud" To me that speaks to us as a body to stay humble when we seek his face. God delights in the oneness of humble unity, but will scatter those that are prideful and arrogant, even if they are gathered in the name of the Lord.

It never ceases to amaze me how Noah's prayer for his sons came to fulfillment for hundreds of generations to come. The curse put on Ham was fulfilled, all of God's children destroyed and conquered his lands and peoples. Shem's blessing from his father went on throughout the history of the OT. It really speaks to fathers that desire to bless their kids. (and mom's too) The power of a praying parent. I never want to curse my kids willingly or unwillingly.

1 comment:

Nin said...

It's pretty scary to think that our choices, good and bad, will affect our kids..... I got mad and frustrated at the screwdriver the other day, then later I saw my girl getting mad and frustrated that her barbie's dress wouldn't go on her barbie. It was a wake up call..... but also is true with our good choices! God honors those through out the generations too! and that's rathher exctiting!
-nin